Who we help
SSAFA provides lifelong support to anyone who is currently serving or has ever served in the Royal Navy, the Royal Marines, the British Army or the Royal Air Force.
We're ready to help you and your family, whenever and wherever you need us.
Our support is for life, whenever you served
Support for Reserves
We are here to help Reservists and their families when they need us.
Do I qualify?
Millions of people with a connection to the Forces are eligible for our help.
SSAFA offers help and support to all serving members and former members of all ranks of the Armed Forces who have received one day’s pay in one or more of the following:
- The Royal Navy, the Royal Marines, the British Army and the Royal Air Force.
- The Volunteer Reserve Forces, including the Royal Navy Reserves, the Royal Marine Reserves, the British Army Reserves and the Royal Air Force Reserves.
- Nursing services.
Other people who are eligible for our support
The following people are also eligible for our support:
- Wives and former wives
- Husbands and former husbands
- Widows and widowers
- Civil partners and former civil partners
- Partners who are, or were, in an established relationship with a Beneficiary
- Children who are dependent on a beneficiary
- Those who provide, or provided, care for a beneficiary
Not sure if we can help you? Get in touch with us.