Housing advice

Practical housing advice and support for veterans and their dependants.

If it hadn’t have been for SSAFA I would have been in big trouble.

- Chris, Army Veteran

SSAFA can offer impartial guidance around housing issues for those who have left the Armed Forces. Our guidance includes homelessness, housing benefits, accessing social housing, tenants' rights, mortgage arrears, repossession and eviction.

Our advisors cannot give you legal advice but they will look into your situation and explain your options. They can also signpost you to other organisations for help. Advisors also work together with our wider volunteer network to try and source financial assistance that you might need to solve your housing problems, for example finding money for a deposit or to clear mortgage arrears.

Contact us today and we’ll put you in touch with one of our specially trained volunteer caseworkers. Your caseworker will visit you to find out more about your welfare needs and how SSAFA can assist you.

SSAFA's services are only available to people who have received at least one day's pay from the Armed Forces (British Army, Royal Navy, Royal Air Force, Royal Marines, including Reserves), or are in the immediate family of someone who served.

Need help or support?

Need to talk?

Please fill in the form or call us to speak to one of our Forcesline advisors.

0800 731 4880

We are open 09:00 - 17:30,
Monday to Friday.

Meet Joe

Joe left the Army after 20 years and immediately found himself with no where to go. He says that the biggest struggle was with pride, and an unwillingness to seek help. When he did SSAFA and the Glasgow Helping Heroes team were there to provide both practical and financial support.

Read More