Sign up for our email newsletter to get our latest news in your inbox
This page records:
- Our approach to making this website accessible, including what we have done and will do in the future
- The facilities that we have provided for different disability groups
- Guidance on how to use particular features
- Contact information for questions or feedback to us
We believe the web pages on the site are, as a minimum, in line with all of the priority level 1 criteria of World Wide Web Consortium’s (W3C’s) Web Content Accessibility Guidelines.
Partially sighted users - changing the font size
We have provided the facility to change the font size of the text used on our web pages. If you are using Internet Explorer 6 select “View” from the menu bar, then “Text Size” and select from “Smallest” to “Largest”. In Internet Explorer 7 select “Tools” and then “Text Size”. In Mozilla Firefox 2 select “View” from the menu bar, then “Text Size” and select from “Increase” to “Decrease”.
We have checked the site font and background colour combinations for the different colour-blindness conditions and ensured that items are not referenced by colour alone. Should you wish to change the colour of text and background by introducing your own style sheet, please follow the instructions in the changing the style sheet section.
The web pages on the site have been tested for use in keyboard-only operation. When using the form or controls for the tools, the keys to use are as follows:
- To select from dropdown boxes, use up and down arrow keys
- To select/unselect a check box, use the space bar
- To move forward between links, use the tab key
- To move back between links, use the shift and tab keys
- To initiate an action button, use the Enter key when the action button is selected
Changing the style sheet
Users may import their own style sheet into the website. In Internet Explorer, select Tools from the menu bar, then Internet Options and then Accessibility. Next click on any or all of three checkboxes to ignore colours, font styles or font sizes. In the same window, you can change the style sheet by clicking the checkbox that says “Format document using my style sheet”, then simply browse to your preferred style sheet and click OK. In Mozilla Firefox, you can change your font and colour settings by selecting “Tools” from the menu bar, then “Options” and then “Content”. You can then select from the “Fonts & Colours” options