Spread the word about your fundraising
To make sure your fundraiser is a success, you need to get the word out to as many people as possible. That way you'll raise more money and awareness for SSAFA, and the individuals and families we support.
Sign up for our email newsletter to get our latest news in your inbox
One of the best ways to tell people about your event, and raise money and awareness, for SSAFA is social media. You can also use it to enlist helpers on the day. Sharing updates and pictures about your event, your training or how much money you've raised is a great way to get the message out to more supporters.
Check out our social media for inspiration and make sure you tag us in your content:
Top Tips for Social Media
- Use as many platforms as you can, especially Facebook and Twitter but also try Instagram, youtube and LinkedIn.
- Be responsible and only post, share and tag SSAFA in appropriate content.
- The best time to ask people to donate online is 7pm on a Sunday, so set a reminder - and why not post anoyher sponsorship request just after payday?
- Keep saying thank you!
Take to Twitter
- Always put @SSAFA somewhere in your tweet so our social media team can find it!
- If you're competing in a well-known challenge or event # or @ the event account (like @LondonMarathon or #BathHalf) so others can spot it too!
- Retweet or like other people's tweets about the event - they might return the favour!
- Add a photo! Tweets with images get 150% more retweets that those without.
- Always tag SSAFA in your posts so we can see them.
- Real stories help to hold people's interest - if you're fundraising for us because we helped you or your family, are you happy to tell your story? If you are, we'd love to share it too!
- Feel free to use a story from one of our beneficiaries as they show the difference your fundraising makes to people's lives.
- You can now hold a fundraiser through Facebook - click on 'Create a Fundraiser' to the left of your newsfeed and select SSAFA, the Armed Forces charity as your charity to support.
Get into Instagram
- Photo or video is a requirement!
- Try doing a photo story about your training or your progress on the day of the event.
- Don't forget to # as much as possible to reach more people, not just followers. For example, #armedforces #SSAFA #militarycharity #challenge #fundraise #training