Sign up for our email newsletter to get our latest news in your inbox
100g/3½oz dark chocolate
125g/4½oz fruit cake
125g/4½oz Madeira cake
2 tbsp desiccated coconut
2 tbsp chopped hazelnuts
300g/10½oz white chocolate
few drops food colouring
multi-coloured sugar ball sprinkles
- Melt the chocolate in a bowl set over a pan of simmering water. (Do not let the base of the bowl touch the water.)
- Crumble the fruit cake and Madeira cake into a bowl, then stir in the melted chocolate, desiccated coconut and hazelnuts until well combined.
- Roll golf ball sized pieces of the mixture into balls. Stick a lollipop stick into each ball and set aside in the fridge for 20-30 minutes, or until firm.
- Meanwhile, melt the white chocolate in a bowl set over a pan of simmering water. (Do not let the base of the bowl touch the water.) Stir in the food colouring.
- Line a baking tray with greaseproof paper. Sprinkle the sugar sprinkles onto a plate.
- Remove the balls from the fridge, dip them into the chocolate, then coat in the sugar sprinkles and place onto the baking tray. Set aside in the fridge for 20-30 minutes, or until the chocolate has set.
Download the recipe here