We're looking for motivated individuals to join our team of dedicated caseworkers, keen to give back to those who have given so much for us. As a caseworker, you’ll meet up with veterans and their families to talk through the problems that they face, and work with them to find a solution.
Contact us to find out about opportunities to become a Caseworker or our other available volunteer roles in your local area. Our recruitment process includes interviews and a reference check.
Contact us about volunteering
Sign up for our email newsletter to get our latest news in your inbox
Who we're looking for
All our Caseworkers receive full training including local induction training about SSAFA .
You do not need a Forces background to volunteer with us. Most importantly, we are looking for volunteers who will listen sensitively and treat people with respect at all times. We also welcome people who have:
- The willingness to learn new skills and attend any mandatory training
- Basic IT skills
- Ability to work in a team and support others
- Ability to work within our Volunteer Policy and Code of Conduct
- Ability to work confidentially and adhere to our data protection guidelines’
- A driver’s licence (for some geographical areas)