SSAFA is calling on everyone in Scotland to lace up their trainers, don their kilts and sign up to take part in one of the Kiltwalk fundraisers across the country.
Sign up for our email newsletter to get our latest news in your inbox
The Kiltwalk events are run in Glasgow, Aberdeen, Dundee and Edinburgh and participants can choose from a 23, 15 or 6 mile walk to raise money for their local SSAFA branch. From the money raised, the Hunter Foundation will add an extra 40% to help SSAFA branches provide more support to veterans and their families in their time of need.
The Kiltwalk is open to all ages and abilities and is a great way to get friends and family together to fundraise for the charity. Sign up by visiting www.thekiltwalk.co.uk
Across Scotland, SSAFA has 22 branches with some 300 trained caseworkers who support veterans and their families in the community. By raising money for your local SSAFA branch through the Kiltwalk, you will help our caseworkers continue to provide practical, emotional and financial support to the Armed Forces community in need – wherever and whenever they need us.
David Black, Regional Fundraising Manager at SSAFA, the Armed Forces charity, said:
“The Kiltwalk is a great experience for anyone who enjoys a challenge and wants to have fun whilst raising money for our Forces family.”
- Glasgow Kiltwalk – Sunday 29 April, start time depending on the distance
- Aberdeen Kiltwalk – Sunday 3 June, start time depending on the distance
- Dundee Kiltwalk – Sunday 19 August, start time depending on the distance
- Edinburgh Kiltwalk – Sunday 16 September, start time depending on the distance
- The Mighty Stride is approximately 26 miles for people looking for the ultimate Kiltwalk experience. Training is essential!
- The Big Stroll approximately 13 miles – an intermediate challenge suitable for most fitness levels, ideal for a fun day out with a group of friends or colleagues.
- The Wee Wander approximately 6 miles – Perfect for all the family or those unable to complete a bigger challenge.