D-Day Step Challenge
To mark the 75th anniversary of the D-Day landings on 6 June 1944, we are inviting all SSAFA supporters to take part in a special challenge!
Sign up for our email newsletter to get our latest news in your inbox
About the challenge
- Can you challenge yourself to walk 10,249 steps every day for 75 days?
- Our D-Day Step Challenge takes place from 23 March until 6 June 2019
- For every step taken you will be honoring one Allied casualty from the first day of the landings. The success of the D-Day operations marked a significant moment in the path to Allied victory on the Western Front in World War II.
- We also invite you to raise a symbolic amount of £75 over the course of the 75-day challenge.
- The money you raise will help fund the vital work that SSAFA provides to support men and women in the Royal Navy, the Royal Marines, the British Army and the Royal Air Force, whether veterans from the Second World War, young men and women who have served in more recent conflicts, or the brave families who support them.
Register now to take part in this fun, communal and healthy way to feel good and to show support for our Armed Forces, veterans and their families. Invite your friends and family to take part with you and challenge each other to keep going! Simply send us your details below and we'll be in touch with a handy information pack full of tips, fundraising ideas and more.