Help for your fundraising
Thanks so much for deciding to raise money for SSAFA. Whatever you decide to do - baking beautiful bakewells, putitng on a pub quiz or braving a bunjee jump - we're thrilled to have you on our team! By raising money, whether it's £50 or £5,000, you're making a huge difference. You're helping us support serving men and women, veterans, and their families with the challenges of life during and after their career in the Armed Forces.
Paying your money in
Pay in the money you collected
Promote your event on social media
Plan your event
When will it be?
When you set the date and time for your event, think about:
- Who you want to come and when they'll be free
- Other local events - make sure your event doesn't clash with anything similar going on in the area
- Whether people can afford to come or donate - if it's around the holidays or pay day for example, it could be more difficult
Where will it be?
- The best option for your event - indoors or outdoors? Large or small?
- How accessible your venue is - for supporters travelling to and from your events and for people with disabilities
- What facilities there are - like tables, chairs or sound equipment
- Any costs of hiring the venue or equipment
Who will get involved?
Think about your target audience and whether you'll need extra people to help you organise your event.
- How will you get your audience involved?
- Ask local businesses for sponsorship, donations and prizes - we can give you an authorisation letter to let them know you're fundraising for SSAFA
- Ask friends and family to help you organise, bring other supporters and spread the word
How will you raise money?
Don't forget to think about how best to raise money.
- Can you charge people to take part?
- Will you sell refreshments or add any other elements that will bring in more money?
- Can people sponsor you for your activity?
- Can you cut your costs to maximise your total?