Mentoring support for service leavers
SSAFA Mentoring helps motivate, support, build resilience and empower service leavers and their spouses/partners to fulfil their potential in their new lives outside the military.
Sign up for our email newsletter to get our latest news in your inbox
We provide long-term, one-to-one, face-to-face support during transition and for up to two years post discharge. We work alongside the Royal Navy, the Royal Marines, the British Army, the Royal Air Force and other key partners to provide this service.
SSAFA Mentoring is well established in helping wounded, injured, and sick individuals transition out of the Forces. In addition, the SSAFA Mentoring service is now available to all Army personnel and their spouses/partners transitioning through Catterick Garrison as part of a new trial , regardless of the reason for discharge.
For more information on the mentoring services available at SSAFA or if you want to help those in transition by volunteering as a mentor please click on the relevant link below.
For wounded injured and sick
Some of the benefits of joining SSAFA Mentoring include:
- Someone to listen, reassure you and to share your feelings
- Insight into civilian life
- Increase in your self confidence
- Help to build better relationships
- Improved ability to make decisions
- Increase in your motivation
- Help for your family
Support from SSAFA
The SSAFA Mentoring programme can offer you:
- Readily accessible one-to-one support throughout your transition into civilian life
- A dedicated and trusted mentor who gives you space to explore your ideas and feelings
- Unconditional and consistent collaboration from another person to help you reflect on your strengths
- Support to draw on your own strengths, develop your own strategies and work out your own values.