Mentoring support for service leavers
SSAFA Mentoring helps injured, wounded or sick service men and women transition to civilian life. We empower every person we mentor to reach their full potential in their new lives and careers outside the military.
Sign up for our email newsletter to get our latest news in your inbox
We provide long-term. face-to-face support during and after transition. Our mentoring partnerships are also independent to the chain of command, so they complement the support people receive from their military unit. Mentors will support you to achieve your personal goals however big or small as you move into civilian life
SSAFA has launched a new trial mentoring service to support Catterick service leavers in the transition to civilian life when they leave the Forces. If you are serving in Catterick and need support you can find out more here.
What is mentoring
For wounded injured and sick
Some of the benefits of joining SSAFA Mentoring include:
- Someone to listen, reassure you and to share your feelings
- Insight into civilian life
- Increase in your self confidence
- Help to build better relationships
- Improved ability to make decisions
- Increase in your motivation
- Help for your family
Support from SSAFA
The SSAFA Mentoring programme can offer you:
- Readily accessible one-to-one support throughout your transition into civilian life
- A dedicated and trusted mentor who gives you space to explore your ideas and feelings
- Unconditional and consistent collaboration from another person to help you reflect on your strengths
- Support to draw on your own strengths, develop your own strategies and work out your own values.