Virgin Money London Marathon 2019
Apply for one of our charity places to run in the Virgin Money London Marathon 2019 to support our Armed Forces.
Event date: 28 April 2019
Phone: 020 7463 9297
Have you been lucky enough to get a ballot place?
Congratulations! Find out why and how you can use your ballot place to run for SSAFA.
Don't worry if you missed the public ballot! You can apply to join TeamSSAFA in the London Marathon as a charity place runner.
To run with TeamSSAFA we ask you to commit to raising £2,000 in sponsorship and a £100 registration fee is payable on acceptance of a place.
To apply please fill out the form with as much detail as possible about why you would like to run for SSAFA.
If you would like to check you application has been received or have any further questions please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Why join TeamSSAFA?
- Have access to our exclusive training zone
- Run in a personalised SSAFA running vest
- Receive support before, during and after your 26.2 mile run from our dedicated team
- Be able to attend a training day and receive support from a fully qualified coach
- Become a member of our exclusive TeamSSAFA facebook group
- Have a brilliant cheer squad on the day
- Attend the best post-marathon reception with all your friends and family
Meet some of the members of TeamSSAFA.
We have a number of very dedicated men and women running this year's marathon. We hope you can join them on the day, whether as competitors or spectators. You can read some of their stories - including the reasons they support SSAFA - here.
Lifelong support for our Forces and their families.
SSAFA believes that the commitment of our Forces and their families deserves our lifelong support. Everyone who joins TeamSSAFA for the London Marathon plays a vital role in helping us to continue our vital work with the Armed Forces family.
Help with fundraising
Sarah decided to take on the Virgin London Marathon to raise money for SSAFA and raised more than £3,000. Watch the video and find out what she did to hit her fundraising target.